with your WCET colleagues and experts, both virtually and in-person.
WCET Discuss Members-Only Email List
The WCETDiscuss members-only email list is a valuable member benefit that provides an opportunity to reach out to 1300 of your peers to ask questions and get answers about practices or policies in distance, online, and hybrid learning.
Some recent hot topics included lively discussions on:
- Definitions of Online and Hybrid (Blended) Courses.
- Transitioning to Teaching Online: Suggested Readings from WCET Members.
- Should a Campus Distance Education Unit be Centralized or Decentralized? (picked up by the Chronicle of Higher Education's Wired Campus blog.) See a compilation of the centralization/decentralization discussion.
- The most important issue confronting distance/online/hybrid education at my institution over the next two or three years.
- Last Day of Attendance Rules for Financial Aid.
- Web-based Transfer Credit Systems.
- Use of Open Educational Resources vs. Proprietary Materials.
- Part-time Faculty Pay.
Post to the List
To post a message to the WCETDiscuss list, send an e-mail to the WCETDiscuss list. Please use a descriptive subject line. See email list usage guidelines and additional information for more help with this service.
Access to an archive of previous postings to the WCETDiscuss list is available to members.
More WCET Lists
Learn about the other e-mail lists that WCET maintains for its members.