good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
State Authorization Updates from Other Organizations and the Media
Articles about the State Approval Authorization:
- Breathing Room on State Authorization, Inside Higher Ed, April 21, 2011.
- Colleges Get More Time to Comply with New Rule on State Authorization, Chronicle of Higher Education, April 21, 2011.
- The Effect of Authroization on Online Students, Unviersity-Bound.com, March 29, 2011.
- New Federal Rule Could Have Worst Impact on Small States, eCampusNews, March 28, 2011.
- Dept of Education Issues Letter on State Authorization, The Educause Blog, March 28, 2011.
- U.S. Seeks Dismissal of For-Profit College Lawsuit Challenging Regulations, Insde Higher Ed, March 24, 2011.
- Colleges Pan Guidance on 'Program Integrity' Rules, Inside Higher Ed, March 21, 2011.
- Online Learning State Authorization Network Program, Online Learning Update, March 19, 2011.
- ED sticks by controversial rule; online college officials concerned, eCampus News, March 18, 2011.
- Education Dept. Clarifies Rules on Incentive Compensation, Credit Hour, and Distance Education, The Chronicle of Higher Education, March 18, 2011.
- Hysteria over the Ed Dept.'s State Authorization Rule is Misplaced, New America Foundation, March 15, 2011.
- Educators See Federal Overreach, Inside Higher Ed, March 14, 2011.
- Time for a Game of HORSE (John Ebersole Opinion), Inside Higher Ed, March 11, 2011.
- Fed Rule Could Have 'Major Chilling Effect' on Online Instruction, eCampusNews, March 10, 2011.
- Has Your Unit Budgeted for the Costs of Complying with the 2010 Federal Regulations on State Approval of Out-of-State Providers, James Shaeffer, UPCEA President, February 25, 2011.
- For-Profit-College Group Sues Education Dept. Over New Recruiting Regulations (and State Authorization), The Chronicle of Higher Ed, February 24, 2011.
- States, Tear Down Your Walls (Michael Goldstein Opinion), Inside Higher Ed, February 18, 2011.
- State Authorization for Institutions Offering Distance Education to Out-of-State Students, January 25, 2011, Instructional Technology Council.
- Lawsuit Regarding Compensation, Misrepresentation, and State Authorization Regulations (.pdf), January 21, 2011, Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities.
- The States of Online Regulation, Inside Higher Ed, January 21, 2011.
- State Oversight Rule Draws Protests From Colleges and Congress, Chronicle of Higher Education, December 19, 2011.
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, December 14, 2010.
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation, November 3, 2010.