good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
State Approval Blog Postings
As we learn more, WCET will continue to blog on this subject. Current blog posts from earliest to most recent:
- Distance Ed Institutions May Need More State Approvals - Posted on October 28, 2010, an initial analysis of the impact of the regulations written the day they were released.
- What do We Know About State Approval of Distance Ed? - Posted on December 2, 2010, three surveys provide us with some insight on existing state regulations and the possible impact for both state regulators and institutions.
- State Approval Regulations: Update on Conversations and Activities: Posted on December 21, 2010, the post gives an update on several activities underway.
- State Approval: Eight Things You Can Be Doing Now – Posted on January 11, 2011, we give you some advice on next steps to take preparing to contact the states.
- State Approval Update: No Extensions for Distance Ed, but WCET Helps - Posted on January 12, 2011, we learn that distance education must meet the July 1 deadline. WCET helped to get assurance that institutions applying by that date will be in compliance."
- State Approval: A 'Starter' List - Posted on January 26, 2011, announces the release of a draft state-by-state list of state authorization agencies.
- State Approval: Creating model Reciprocal Agreements - Posted on February 10, 2011, a guest blog from Paul Shiffman about the Presidents' Forum of Excelsior College's work.
- State Approval: Running in Two Directions - Posted on March 3, 2011, announces the State Authorization Network, the ACE letter, and the APSCU lawsuit.
- State Approval: House Hearings, Call to Action, Impacts & Starter List - Posted on March 10, 2011, review of the testimony in front of the House of Representatives and a compilation of stories about the impact of this regulation.
- State Approval: 'Dear Colleague' Letter Analyzed & My Call for Delay - Posted on March 17, 2011, covers details of the 'Dear Colleague' letter.
- State Approval: Train Wrecks, Impacts, and Questions - Posted on March 24, 2011, where we observe that the lack of time to comply will result in a train wreck.
- State Approval: 16 USDOE Observations/Responses...In Their Own Words - Posted on March 30, 2011, covers the comments of Eduardo Ochoa and David Bergeron on this regulation.
- State Approval: Rumors and Implications - Posted on April 8, 2011, covers the many rumors that a delay is imminent.
- State Approval: "Cease & Desist" and "Teach Out" - Posted on April 13, 2011, presents a story about a state asking an institution to comply with its regulations.
- State Approval: USDOE Issues Second 'Dear Colleague' Letter - Posted on April 20, 2011, details the contents of a second clarification letter from the Department of Education.
- State Approval: 7 Steps (and Words of Advice) in Applying to States - Posted on April 25, 2011.
- State Authorization Timeline Clarification and New Resource - Posted on May 24, 2011.
- Now is Not the Time to Relax (or Even to Panic) - Posted on May 25, 2011.
- State Regulators Work to Clarify regulations for Distance Education Providers - Posted June 9, 2011.
- What Would Repealing the Federal 'State Authorization' Regulation Accomplish? - Posted June 20, 2011.
- WCET & UPCEA Partner on State Authorization Survey-We Need Your Help - Posted June 29, 2011.
- Court "Vacates" Distance Ed Portion of State Authorization Regulation - Posted July 12, 2011.
- Federal Student Complaint Regulation - Clarifying Misconceptions - Posted July 19, 2011.
- State Authorization Updates on Reciprocity & Surveys - Posted August 4, 2011.
- No 'Deus Ex Machina' on State Authorization - Posted September 22, 2011.
- Ignoring State Authorization? How Long Can You Tread Water - Posted November 21, 2011.
- House Votes to Repeal State Authorization (and Reciprocity Update) - Posted February 29, 2012.
- Putting A Student Face on Not Complying With State Authorization - Posted March 14, 2012.
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Draft Released: Seeking Your Feedback - Posted April 27, 2012.
- 10 Steps You Can Take To Begin the State Authorization Process - Posted May 17, 2012.
- Court Deals Second Blow to State Authorization Regulation - Posted June 5, 2012.