good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
Additional "State Authorization' Resources
Resources from WCET
- WCET Blog Postings on State Authorization.
- Cost of Compliance Estimates - Stories from WCET members about how much they estimate it will cost in fees and/or staff time to seek authorization in other states. Compiled April 8, 2011.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- State Approval Regulations for Distance Ed: a Starter List.
o Revised “Starter List” Document (with Addendum 2; Revised April 22, 2011).
- State-by-State Complaint Processes - The third-party complaint processes found for each state as part of creating the 'Starter List.'
Resources from SHEEO and NCHEMS
SHEEO and NCHEMS used numerous resources including the WCET Starter List Document to compile the following master resources:
- Distance Education and State Regulation - Fees Summary, By State (PDF) (updated December 2012).
- Links to student complaint process, By State (PDF) (updated December 2012).
- Preliminary Contact List of State Regulators (PDF) (July 2012).
December 7, 2010 Webcast with Fred Sellers, USDOE:
- Webcast Archive - View the webcast online.
- Slides from Webcast.
- Links and Resources - Links to resources mentioned int eh webcast.
- Chat Log - questions asked by participants.
- July 12 Ruling Striking Down the Distance Ed Portion of State Authorization Regulation.
- State Authorization Updates from Other Organizations and the Media.
- Congresswoman Virginia Foxx (R-NC) introduced legislation to repeal the definition of a credit hour and state authorization requirements. June 6, 2011.