good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award Nominations
The Call for Nominations for the WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award is now open. The WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award recognizes outstanding efforts by member institutions and organizations in applying an innovative, technology-based solution to a challenging educational need. Look across your campus or organization for successful and innovative works that meet WCET Outstanding Work criteria. Works nominated for WCET Outstanding Work award...
- address a significant need or problem in higher education.
- incorporate creative and/or innovative uses of technology or resources.
- demonstrate a positive impact towards addressing need.
- represent a significant contribution to the field of technology-enhanced postsecondary education.
- can be adapted or used as a model for others.
Encourage your colleagues to submit a nomination. The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 2.
High quality nomination materials are encouraged for this competitive award. The 2014 WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) award recipients will be recognized at WCET's 26th Annual Meeting, November 19-21, 2014, Portland, OR.
2013 WCET Outstanding Work Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2013 WCET Outstanding Work award recipients:
- Lane Community College for OER Faculty Fellowship.
- University of Central Florida for Obojobo.
- University of North Carolina for The Online Proctoring Network.
The Richard Jonsen Award is given each year to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the e-learning community and WCET during his or her career. Selection criteria for the annual award include a long-standing willingness to nurture and assist others in the e-learning community, a significant contribution to the field, and innovative service to e-learning students.
The Richard Jonsen Award was established in 1998 to recognize the contributions of Richard (Dick) Jonsen, who, as WICHE's executive director, founded WCET. The award is presented at the WCET Annual Meeting.
WCET Richard Jonsen Award Recipients - including the 2013 recipient, Fred Hurst, senior vice president for Extended Campuses at Northern Arizona University!