good practices and sound policies that accelerate the effective adoption and use of technologies in teaching and learning.
WOW Award Nominations
The Call for Nominations for the WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award is now closed for 2013. The WCET Outstanding Work (WOW) Award recognizes outstanding efforts by member institutions and organizations in applying an innovative, technology-based solution to a challenging educational need. Look across your campus or organization for successful and innovative works that meet WOW criteria. Works nominated for WOW award...
- address a significant need or problem in higher education.
- incorporate creative and/or innovative uses of technology or resources.
- demonstrate a positive impact towards addressing need.
- represent a significant contribution to the field of technology-enhanced postsecondary education.
- can be adapted or used as a model for others.
Encourage your colleagues to submit a nomination. The deadline for nominations is closed.
High quality nomination materials are encouraged for this competitive award. The 2013 WOW Award recipients will be recognized at WCET's 25th Annual Meeting, November 13-15, 2013, Denver, Colorado.
2012 WOW Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2012 WOW recipients:
- Monterey Institute for Technology and Education for the NROC Developmental Math - An Open Program.
- NJEDge.Net (New Jersey Research and Education Network) for NJVID.
- Tennessee Board of Regents for the TBR Mobile App Education and Workforce Resource Center.
WCET Recognizes Institutions for Innovative Uses of Ed Tech Campus Technology (October 15, 2012).
The Richard Jonsen Award is given each year to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the e-learning community and WCET during his or her career. Selection criteria for the annual award include a long-standing willingness to nurture and assist others in the e-learning community, a significant contribution to the field, and innovative service to e-learning students.
The Richard Jonsen Award was established in 1998 to recognize the contributions of Richard (Dick) Jonsen, who, as WICHE's executive director, founded WCET. The award is presented at the WCET Annual Meeting.
WCET Richard Jonsen Award Recipients - including the 2012 recipient, Rhonda Epper, assistant provost for the Colorado Community College System!