WCET Members-Only Email List Instructions
The following instructions will work with both the WCETNEWS and WCETDISCUSS members-only email lists.
Subscribing to a List
To subscribe to a list, send the following information to WCET subscribe:
- Your name.
- Title or position.
- WCET member institution or organization – see a list of WCET members.
- Your institutional email address.
- The name of the list you wish to join.
Sending a Message
Send a message to everyone currently subscribed to the list, address your email to:
Your message will be sent to the list once approved by the moderator. You will not receive a copy of your own post unless you change your setting to do so.
Unsubscribing from the List
If you would like to remove yourself from a list, send the following message as the first and only line of text (no signatures either) to e-mail list settings.
- For WCETNEWS: signoff wcetnews
- For WCETDISCUSS: signoff wcetdiscuss
Using the Email List Web Interface to Change Your List Settings
A limited number of email list settings can be changed via the web-based interface.
Follow directions as to how you can create your own password. Once you create and confirm a password, you can change the following settings:
- Receiving the mailings in a digested or non-digested format. Instead of receiving each e-mail, you can have them sent to you in batches.
- The type of header you will receive on your emails.
- Acknowledgements – if you want to receive copies of the e-mails you send out or just an acknowledgement that it has been sent.
- If you want to turn off receiving e-mails from this list for awhile if you are on leave or vacation.
- Hiding your name and address from others. Note: WCET lists are automatically set so that no subscriber can see the addresses of others on the list.
Messages sent to this list are automatically archived for your review at a later time via the web interface. You can access the archives at:
Using E-Mail Commands to Change Your List Settings
You can perform a function that changes your list settings by e-mailing the commands described in the next section to e-mail list settings.
Place the command in the first line of the BODY of your email. Please remove all other text in the body of the email, including your signature. Note: Do not send a command to the firstname.lastname@example.org address as the command will not execute and you will receive an error message.
- signoff wcetnews - Use this command to remove yourself from this list.
- set wcetnews digest - Allows you to receive the messages sent to this list in a digested form - one email per week.
- info refcard - Sends you the email list reference card with more commands allowing you to alter your personal settings for this list.
- set wcetnews repro - Send yourself a copy of your own messages.
Contact WCET for more assistance.