What is the WCET SAN Compliance Workshop at NASASPS?
The Workshop is a two-day event whereby our members can meet, talk, and work on state authorization compliance issues. In the hands-on participatory Workshop, participants:
- Share their own practices and learn from the practices of fellow professionals, especially regarding:
- How to organize your institution's authorization records and processes.
- How to effectively communicate with institutional leaders, colleagues, and the public on the importance of and status of authorization activities.
- Meet with state regulators to get your questions answered and form useful relationships.
- Learn the latest information about the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement.
Who should attend?
The Workshop is exclusively for SAN members. The Workshop is designed for those who are performing the work of seeing authorization for their institution in multiple states. You do not have to be registered at the NASASPS Annual Conference to attend the SAN Workshop.
Regulators Participating In This Session:
- Shawna Acker-Ball, Director, Academic Affairs, Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Michael Ball, Associate Director, Degree Authorization & State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training, Washington Student Achievement Council
- David Dies, Executive Secretary, Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
- Sam Ferguson, Executive Director, Florida Commission for Independent Education.
- Elizabeth French, Director/Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, Alabama Commission on Higher Education.
- Annette Funderburk, Acting Legislative Liaison, Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education
- Brenda Germann, Director, Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education.
- Jacqueline Johnson, Director of Private Postsecondary and Out-of-State Education, Kansas Board of Regents
- Cynthia Moten, Associate Director for Academic Affairs, Arkansas Department of Higher Education
- George R. Roedler, Jr., Manager, Institutional Registration & Licensing, Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- Tanya Spilovoy, Director, Distance Education & State Authorization, North Dakota University System
- John Ware, Executive Director, Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
View our preliminary agenda. The agenda will be updated as speakers and regulators participating in the session are confirmed.
The Workshop is free to WCET SAN members. It is not open to those who are not WCET SAN members.
Please note that because of the Workshop's hands-on format, space is limited. Therefore, each WCET-SAN member is allowed only one registration so that each SAN member is given an opportunity to attend this event. However, on February 21, 2014, any remaining seats will be open for general registration to SAN members - so register today!
Where and When
The Workshop will be held in conjunction with NASASPS (the national conference for state regulators) so that you have the opportunity to engage with several state regulators:
WCET SAN Compliance Workshop
April 29-30, 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
We recommend that you consider the NASASPS Annual Conference. Attending that conference requires a separate registration. SAN does not cover the registration fee if you plan to attend that event.
NASASPS Annual Conference
April 27-30, 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
424 West Markham
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
To obtain the Single or Double rate of $121/night, mention the three-letter code "WCE" when registering.
Please contact Marianne Boeke at 303-497-0357.