View the agenda!
WCET's Boot Camp was a gathering of institutions that have some familiarity of the power of data analytics in higher education, but wanted to build their capacity for analytics, including institutional analytics for performance reporting, as well as learning analytics for student success. Following WCET's successful MDE (Managing Distance Education) model, this intensive, multi-day format allowed for valuable networking among attendees and higher education data analytics experts. The WCET Boot Camp was held June 17-20, 2014, in Vail, CO.
- Driving Change - Jones
- Connecting Spending to Metrics - Baer
- CCA - Vandal
- Building Inst Readiness - Foss
- Analytics - Bichsel
- Making Predictions Actionable - Wagner
- Student Success Interventions - vonLehmen
- Finding and Helping the Student at Risk - Pistilli
- Build, Buy, Buddy, Borrow - Baer
- Ethics and Analytics - Pistilli
- Student Success - Solomon
- Analytics Maturity Index. EDUCAUSE
- Arnold, Kimberley, Matthew Pistilli. An exercise in institutional reflection: the learning analytics readiness instrument (LARI), 2014.
- Baer, Linda and Ann Hill Duin. Retain Your Students! Analytics, Policies and Politics for Reinvention Strategies. Planning for Higher Education. 2014.
- Baer, Linda and John Campbell. From Metrics to Analytics, Reporting to Action: Analytics' Role in Changing the Learning Environment. In Game Changers, edited by Diana Oblinger. 2012.
- Bichsel, Jacqueline. Analytics in Higher Education: Benefits, Barriers, Progress, and Recommendations. August 2012.
- Brooks, D. Christopher. IPAS Implementation Issues: Data and Systems Integration. ECAR, 2014.
- Johnson, L., Adams Becker, S., Estrada, V., Freeman, A. NMC Horizon Report: 2014 Higher Education Edition. 2014.
- Jones, Dennis P. Outcomes-Based Funding: The Wave of Implementation. October 2013.
- Norris, Donald and Linda Baer. Leveraging Analytics to Optimize Student Success. Excerpts from A Toolkit for Building Organizational Capacity for Analytics. Strategic Initiatives, Inc.
- Predictive Analytics Reporting (PAR) Framework.
- Shugart, S. M. The Challenge to Deep Change: A Brief Cultural History of Higher Education. Planning for Higher Education Journal, December 28, 2012.
- Student Success Matrix (SSMx)
- WCET. Focus Area on Student Success: Learning Analytics.
- Yanosky,Ronald. Integrating Planning and Advising Services: A Benchmarking Study. March 2014.
- More analytics resources from EDUCAUSE.
- Ethics, Big Data, and Analytics: A Model for Application James E. Willis, III, John P. Campbell, and Matthew D. Pistilli.
- Ethical Discourse: guiding the Future of Learning Analytics James E. Willis, III, and Matthew D. Pistilli.
- The Ins and Outs of Analytics Mike Sharkey (October 2013).
- Storify of the tweets from #wcetbootcamp.
- PAR Framework members experience video.