On June 12 and 13, 2013, WCET held a Summit in Salt Lake City where institutional leaders and corporate innovators convened to consider big changes that big data, learning analytics, and evidence-based decision making are bringing to the higher educational enterprise.
The WCET Data Leadership Summit brought together educational leaders and practitioners, forward-thinking institutions and enterprises; who are changing the higher education learning analytics landscape.
- Highlights from the Summit on the Frontiers Blog.
- Big Data, Big Changes, Big Choices - Bret Dennis, Blackboard, Inc
- Big Data, Big Changes, Big Choices - Linda Baer, Minnesota State University – Mankato.
- Data Change Everything - Shannon Meadows, CourseSmart.
- Developing a Data Strategy - Alan Drimmer, Apollo Group.
- Student Success by the Numbers - Deb Everhart, Blackboard, Inc.
- Student Success by the Numbers - Mac Adkins, Smarter Services.
- Orientation to Analytics Slides.
- Orientation to Analytics Handouts.
- PAR Student Success Matrix - Swan, Shea, Sloan & Daston.
- Predictive Analytics Reporting (PAR) Framework: Academic Risk Identification.
- The Rise of MOOCs.
WCET Leadership Summit: Under the Sword of Data
The Summit featured conversations about:
- The higher ed data analytics ecosystem.
- Big Data, Big Decisions
- Why does data matter?
- What should you be looking for?
- Who owns your data?
- FERPA and privacy.
- The good, bad and ugly of profiling.
- Institutional capacity building for the data-driven institution.
Read the highlights on the Frontiers Blog.
If you are interested in receiving an invite to future Summits, please contact WCET.
Interested in supporting WCET and future leadership summits? Contact us today!