|Located||555 Seymour St., Suite 200
|Agency Contact||David Porter
|Sponsor||Government of British Columbia|
BCcampus aims to coordinate innovative educational services across British Columbia's (B.C.) post-secondary system and make higher education available to everyone, through the smart use of collaborative technology services.
BCcampus is a publicly funded organization that uses information technology to connect the expertise, programs, and resources of B.C. post-secondary institutions under a collaborative service delivery framework. We provide valued services to institutions, ensuring B.C. learners, educators, and administrators get the best, most effective technologies and services for their learning and teaching needs. We provide an ICT infrastructure for student data exchange, collaborative services, online learning and distance education, communities of practice and openly licensed resources for educators.
BCcampus services include:
- Prototyping and evaluating innovative blended teaching and learning technologies.
- Collaborative service delivery framework.
- Technical support.
- Student services: provincial application service, transcript exchange, online course finder.
- Professional learning.
- Online collaborative programs.
- Open Educational Resources (OER).
Initiatives & Interests
BCcampus initiatives/interests include:
- Canada's first government sponsored Open Textbook project.
- Support for developing open educational resources (OER).
- Developing/managing communities of practice.
- ETUG: Educational Technology Users' Group.
- Federated identity management.