|Agency Contact||Judi Anderson
OCHS Advisory Council Chairperson
|Sponsor||Joint Council of Presidents|
The mission of the Online College in the High School (OCHS) consortium is to partner with high school districts in providing eligible students at high school campuses with high quality online learning through a highly effective and innovative model.
Online College in the High School (OCHS) is a respected leader in distance learning combining resources to bring high school districts and students the finest, most comprehensive instruction in the most flexible way possible. Each term, the OCHS consortium enrolls about 400 students from 40 or more Minnesota high schools.
Member institutions include:
- Alexandria Technical and Community College.
- Normandale Community College.
- Northland Community and Technical College.
- Northwest Technical College.
Through OCHS, these colleges partner with high school service cooperatives serving districts across the state. Currently participating cooperatives include:
- Freshwater Education District.
- Lakes Country Service Cooperative.
- Pine to Prairie Consortia.
- Metro Educational Cooperative.
- North Country Vocational Cooperative.
- Runestone Area Partnership.
In recognition of their outstanding collaborative education efforts, OCHS was awarded the prestigious 2010-11 Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Academic and Student Affairs Award for Innovative Partnering and Collaboration.
Course scheduling is managed through the OCHS advisory group that is comprised of college academic deans, high school service consortia, and online support center staff. Course offerings include the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses that will transfer to higher education providers across the state. Select technical courses that prepare high school students for completing degrees in business, education, entrepreneurship, health, human services, law, public safety, science, and technology are available through OCHS too.
Dedicated and experienced faculty and staff are proud of their impressive credentials, which are comparable to those of the best career educators in accredited schools across the nation. Courses are delivered in an asynchronous format through the Desire2Learn platform utilizing a computer with internet access. OCHS has created a straightforward application and registration process along with electronic training and communications for on-site proctors.
OCHS services include:
- Transition (between high school and college) enrollment services.
- Customized one step admission and registration.
- Reduced tuition for the participating high schools.
- Dual credit for students.
- Exclusive high school student groups in online courses.
- Published student achievement data.
- On site proctors at each high school.
- Customized application and registration process.
Initiatives & Interests
OCHS initiatives/interests include:
- High school to college transitions.
- Goals + Plans = Success (GPS LifePlan).