|Located||3002 Rathbone Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-5205
|Agency Contact||Mo Hosni
|Sponsor||The Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from UEA University Partners.|
The University Engineering Alliance (UEA) serves the faculty and administrators of UEA members through workshops, recommending standards, sharing practices, and disseminating policy while sharing resources across the consortium to address increasing demands for quality education that meet the trends and needs of the industry.
The University Engineering Alliance was created to increase access to engineering courses in high demand areas through university course-sharing.
The UEA organizes an annual Engineering Summit that brings together top professionals in academia, industry, and the government to network and discuss current trends in nuclear engineering. Through these discussions, UEA tailors courses to address the skills employers need.
Through the UEA, students enrolled at any partner university can access and receive credit at their home university for on-line courses from the partner university which offers the best faculty in a particular discipline.
UEA University Partners include:
- Iowa State.
- Kansas State.
- Oklahoma State.
- Texas A & M.
- Texas Tech.
- University of Kansas.
- University of Missouri-Columbia.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- University of Oklahoma.
- University of Texas-Austin.
UEA services include:
- Distance learning tailored for both traditional students and the working professional.
- Distance learning MS in Nuclear Engineering specifically for Navy personnel.
- Annual Engineering Summit for professionals, students, university, industry and government.
Initiatives & Interests
UEA initiatives/interests include:
- Working with industry partners to create professional development courses.
- Preparing students for the current and changing needs of the industry.
- Bringing more university partners into the UEA.