WCET is pleased to be the Backbone Organization supporting the Digital Learning Solution Network.
The DLSN was created to design a network-centric approach to strengthen digital learning in postsecondary institutions with a particular focus on improved outcomes for vulnerable populations.
Generative Social Impact Network Principles
The literature reveals a variety of names to describe networks that bring together loosely connected partners to accelerate change, such as a network of networks, aligned action networks, collective impact networks, generative social impact networks, and social impact networks. Regardless of the label, these networks share some essential characteristics:
- Network members have a shared purpose.
- The network is member-driven.
- The network’s structure is flexible and adapts as needed.
- Member activity within the network is voluntary.
- The network is decentralized but is woven together through shared purpose and excellent communications.
The Backbone has the following key responsibilities:
- Support development of a healthy solution Network
- Support ongoing Network activity
- Support key grantee collaborations
- Leadership and fiduciary management of the Network
The network is currently comprised of 14 partners that are actively engaged in the development of a number of products and services in the digital learning space.
- Achieving the Dream
- Association of Chief Academic Officers
- Association of Public & Land-grant Universities
- Dlrn @ University of Texas Arlington
- Intentional Futures
- New Media Consortium
- Online Learning Consortium
- SRI International
- Tyton Partners