WVU Online is accepting applications for a Program Director of WVU Summer and Special Programs. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment Services, this position will serve as the lead on summer programming and development and management of other strategic special projects.
In order to be successful in this program, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage Summer Session and Special Project budget planning, enrollment strategies, and analysis to ensure that each of the sessions/programs meet enrollment, strategic and financial objectives.
- Oversee collection, management, analysis, and communications of enrollment, evaluation, and other data reporting.
- Engage regularly with department chairs and administrators to plan and evaluate course offerings, provide instructional support, and sustain high-quality instruction.
- Collaborate with University academic and student support units to problem solve student issues.
- Propose and develop innovative opportunities to enhance summer session programming, including pre-college programs; summer freshmen cohort; summer session-based curricular programs.
- Supervise professional staff and student workers, including hiring, training, and evaluating performance.
- Promote and develop new and established curricula and programs that respond to the interests of various student groups and provide the appropriate college requirements.
- Conduct research of summer session programs at peer and regional institutions and examine current practices at WVU to develop and implement suggested improvements, processes and goals at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to execute marketing strategies, including briefing communication experts on goals, providing feedback on marketing materials and developing social media outreach strategies.
West Virginia University offers a diverse Summer Session that serves approximately 11,500 students annually. The entrepreneurial revenue model is responsible for millions of dollars going back to the colleges. Summer Session and Special Program offerings allow colleges and departments to offer programming to allow students to keep on track, catch up, get ahead, add a minor, study abroad and much more. We support the university’s enrollment and retention goals by engaging visiting, incoming, and matriculated students.
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, public administration, business, or related field
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience
- Higher Education experience preferred, but not required
- At least one (1) year of experience in the following:
- Recruitment and/or program management
- Fiscal planning and revenue projection/forecasting