As a Senior Research Analyst at Excelsior College, you can play a critical role in executing and achieving an effective, data-driven strategy to reinforce our standing as a leader in adult higher learning! Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants to join the Analytics and Decision Support team as a Senior Research Analyst! The Senior Research Analyst works in a collaborative manner with all members of the Analytics and Decision support team to produce quality research and statistics that support faculty, staff, and administrators in making data driven decisions. The Senior Research Analyst conducts a regular program of research to support the strategic goals of the college, conducts ad hoc research projects as needs arise, and fulfills information requests from external agencies as well as those from within the college. The position reports to the Director of Institutional Research and is a full time position based at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY.
- Master’s degree in social science, psychology, or other research-based, quantitative discipline from a regionally accredited institution required; doctoral level education in quantitative analysis is preferred
- Skills in the use of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Knowledge of survey methodology
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software (such as SPSS, SAS, or R); must be willing to learn R if not already proficient
- Ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is desirable
- Experience in higher education, particularly in distance education and/or adult learners, is also desirable