This position supports University Information Technology (UIT) by facilitating the procurement and support of technology related products and services that provide a best fit solution for the technology needs of the client and the institution. Additionally, the Technical Buyer assists with product distribution by maintaining inventory; processing purchases verifying materials, costs and payments and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services to clients. In addition to other duties, this position must develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Technical/Computer – Experience with information technology components, terminology, goods and services
- Purchasing – Experience with technology purchasing processes and procedures/processing purchases verifying materials, costs and payments and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services to clients.
- Customer Service – Working experience with common information technology questions and issues, and associated resolutions, as well as researching and resolving technical problems while supporting a wide variety of constituents.
- Inventory Management – Working experience with inventory management/verifying and updating records regarding incoming shipments by logging in new inventory and comparing items received against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders or other records.
- Analysis – Analyzing information technology issues and identifying appropriate actions and resources to resolve