The Assistant Director and Product Manager for Instructional Design is responsible for assessing the curriculum needs of the various degree programs at COCE and coordinating the conceptualization, design, and delivery of high-quality courses that provide measurable improvements in student learning and student success. The Product Manager functions as a contributing member of the Learning Science and Assessment strategy group tasked with transforming adult online education for a diverse and growing student population. This position supervises a team of Instructional Designers and directly coordinates the efforts of a variety of stakeholders in the course design process, ensuring that courses meet the specifications of the degree program, SNHU COCE’s curriculum framework, and the success needs of our students, faculty, and student support staff. This position reports to the Director of Instructional Design.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Instructional Designers, development partners, and associated stakeholders in the course design process are delivering high-quality, well-aligned courses that meet the curriculum specifications of the degree program.
- Utilize data-driven metrics to implement strategies for increasing student success while maintaining academic quality, validity, and appropriate rigor in line with COCE’s curriculum framework.
- Integrate and train team members toward innovative models for online learning, focusing on methods for maximizing the accessibility of courses for a diverse and growing student population.
- Develop collaborative relationships with the Executive Directors and Associate Deans in the associated curriculum units to outline program and course design specifications, identify possible solutions, and gain approval and buy-in from the academic team in design decisions.
- Provide guidance and training around the most current instructional design skills and models, ensuring team members are effectively and consistently applying relevant learning theories and principles in the design of high quality courses.
- Engage in continuous improvement processes for course design, ensuring that courses undergo necessary quality assurance reviews prior to roll-out and are scheduled for ongoing evaluation after launch.
- Participate in various inter- and intra-departmental initiatives, providing strategic insight and regular communication updates to stakeholders on the status of projects.
- Provide operational support to the Director of Instructional Design, Assistant Vice President for Learning Science and Assessment, and other stakeholders on ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Serve as a primary Instructional Designer on projects on an as-needed basis.
- 2-4 years of successful experience in related curriculum development and/or instructional design positions
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or STEM-related field with associated teaching experience
- Educational and/or professional background in STEM-related fields (i.e., computer science, programming, game design/development, information technology, data analytics, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or managing others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills