The dean serves as the chief administrative officer of K-State Global Campus, responsible for providing strategic vision, oversight, leadership and management in all aspects of Global Campus operations including academic programs, enrollment management, workforce and noncredit professional development programming, collaborative partnerships, finance, marketing, outreach, diversity and inclusion, and faculty and staff development.
Global Campus is a self-funded university enterprise which offers an array of courses and programs including bachelors, masters, doctoral, certificate and professional development programs; facilitates the delivery of intersession, evening and summer courses; provides academic support to members of the military and their families; develops, in coordination with the academic programs, articulation agreements with community colleges; develops and coordinates conferences and noncredit programs for professionals in the workforce; and, with the Office of International Programs, develops and coordinates programs with international partners. Global Campus serves approximately 65,000 credit and noncredit participants yearly and administers an approximate $40M annual operating budget (FY17).
The dean must have strong communication skills, be collaborative, be an effective member of and contributor to the university’s senior leadership team and interact successfully with deans, department heads, faculty and staff of the university’s nine colleges and three physical campuses. The dean of Global Campus reports to the provost and senior vice president and serves as a key member of the university academic leadership team.
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of dynamic leadership experience and strategic vision with the ability to execute, demonstrated by a portfolio of professional successes.
- Strong financial management and decision-making skills and effective management of personnel.
- Demonstrated strengths and skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and management, as well as support for pedagogical innovation and an understanding of technology as it applies to accomplishing Global Campus goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage internal and external constituencies to create and promote collaborative relationships in order to achieve strategic goals.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills to include written, conversational, listening, public speaking, problem-solving, cross-cultural communication and conflict resolution skills in order to create and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external constituents.
- Experience in organizations at the leading edge of online education and service as an advocate for educational technology.
- Knowledge of best practices in professional and continuing education.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and outreach.