The Marketing Strategist plays a key role in marketing Colorado State University to students across the state, nation, and world through CSU Online. This position helps achieve the Division’s enrollment goals and strategic priorities through planning and buying media; managing and coordinating marketing projects; and collaborating with faculty and staff in departments, as well as internal program and marketing staff, to collect information, define target audiences, and implement marketing plans.
The position participates in establishing marketing strategy and then collaborates and coordinates with designers, writers, and program and technical staff to carry out marketing plans and launch new programs. The position manages marketing budgets, utilizes analytics to evaluate return on investment, and adjusts strategies and media plans to optimize performance to meet quantitative marketing objectives and support recruitment and enrollment objectives.
The position stays abreast of marketing trends and best practices and thrives on being a part of a continuous learning environment that consistently reaches for new bounds and seeks fresh insights. The Marketing Strategist is a strategic thinker and a results-driven, data-minded, detail-oriented, highly organized team player who is able to work in a problem-solving environment. This position reports to the Head of Marketing for CSU Online.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Communications, Business, Management, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience managing and executing marketing projects
- Excellent, current knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices
- Evidence of strong analytical skills and a disposition for data-driven decision making
- Excellent written communications and organizational skills