Under the supervision and direction of the Assistant Director of OECP for Enrichment/Enrollment, the Program Assistant manages the registration of students enrolled in UConn Early College Experience (ECE), including coordinating scheduling of courses with the UConn Registrar’s Office, and interfacing with all high school site representatives, high school instructors, and high school principals to ensure registration processes are effective and efficient, and registration policies and procedures are followed. Additional tasks include: maintaining positive relationships with partner high schools and collaborating with high school site representatives to promote program best practices and support program staff; conducting high school visits to present at student assemblies, providing registration tutorials, attending parent nights as necessary; collaborating with OECP staff to maintain accurate high school records and files; supervising Office of Early College Programs (OECP) student staff; supporting the Assistant Director in outreach programming and conference planning; writing, editing, and disseminating informational and promotional materials to support program activities, as well as collaborating with OECP and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) staff in enrollment management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods.
- Familiarity with secondary and post-secondary educational institutions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team settings as well as work independently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop effective professional relationships.
- Proficiency using MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint).