Colorado School of Mines
- The Online Program Manager will perform a wide range of functions associated with the program including identifying policy and practices gaps to meet the needs of the new online programs, monitoring program operation and administration, reporting on program operations including student retention and success rates, supporting and guiding marketing activities including maintaining the program Website, as well as other initiatives required for a successful program. The role of the Online Program Manager goes beyond that of a similar role in other organizations. The Mines Online Program Manager also performs the vital functions of Organizational Change Management. In this challenging role, the Project Manager will incorporate change management principles into all aspects of project delivery. The Online Program Manager will also support a culture of continuous improvement by managing projects which focus on optimizing business processes to advance the institution's ability to efficiently meet university strategic priorities.
- Experience working in a leadership or coordination capacity with online learning and programs (Experience with online programs in Higher Education preferred).
- 5+ years proven experience as a Program Manager or other project management position with a thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Understanding of State and Federal guidelines and requirements related to online courses, such as ADA, FERPA, accreditation, state-to-state agreements for offering online degrees, and so forth.
- The candidate must have demonstrated in his/her professional experience excellent interpersonal, professional, verbal, and exceptional written communication skills. Must have demonstrated the ability to relate not just with faculty, staff and students, but also with external audiences (e.g., media, vendors, guests, Alumni). This includes experience and expertise in using varying communication platforms (e.g., verbal, print media, email, web, social media) to engage stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Master’s degree required in a related field. Additional qualifying experience and/or certifications may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- 5+ years of experience leading large, complex, cross-functional projects using project management, change management and communication best practices.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experience taking a lead role in large-scale organizational change initiatives with strategic impacts.
o July 30, 2021