|Located||46 University Drive
Augusta, ME 04330
PLUS eight Outreach Centers statewide
|Agency Contact||Bonnie Sparks
Director of Distance Education
|Sponsor||University of Maine at Augusta|
The mission of University College is to serve as a gateway to the emerging economy for Maine people who are unable to attend a University of Maine System campus and for businesses, schools, government, and non-profit organizations statewide.
University College provides access to the resources of the University of Maine System in Maine communities and online and helps faculty design and use innovative teaching and delivery methods.
University College is an administrative unit of the University of Maine at Augusta. As the University of Maine System's distance education organization, University College offers access to courses and programs from the seven universities at eight Outreach Centers and dozens of learning sites across Maine.
Professional advisors at centers serve as a single point of contact for students who need assistance. Courses offered at the Centers are taught by university faculty on-site, online, via interactive television and video conference, or by a combination of two or more of these delivery options.
University College professionals offer instructional design and course development to faculty. University College also provides library services to off-campus students and marketing support to UMS campuses.
Our services to UMS include:
- Network of outreach centers.
- Academic advising & student support.
- Instructional design.
- Student services.
- Off-campus library support.
- Technical/computer support.
- Faculty services.
- Marketing services.
- Video and phone-conferencing services.
Initiatives & Interests
- Collaborative and/or co-located facilities with the Community College System.
- Support for adult learner degree completion.
- Collaborative learning spaces.
- Partnerships to strengthen support for students and faculty involved in distance learning.
- Faculty Institute.
- Partnerships with local adult education, college transitions and workforce programs.
Last Updated: July 2013