Reporting to the President, the Chief Academic Officer and Provost will be a highly-regarded and dynamic leader with solid business and academic credentials who is committed to educational innovation and will be responsible for the University’s academic standards and programming, curriculum and assessment, regulation and accreditation, and influencing and implementing the overarching growth strategy. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, highly creative, with the ability to ascertain and confront the tremendous opportunities and critical challenges facing UOPX during this transformation.
The Chief Academic Officer and Provost’s focus will be on ensuring academic quality and innovation; assuring course content meets the ever-changing needs of the employers who hire our graduates; building a well-respected, external brand for the University. The Chief Academic Officer and Provost will help guide the University toward new opportunities for growth.
This individual will be responsible for operations, academic oversight, student and faculty experience, and strategic collaboration with all internal stakeholders within the University. The Chief Academic Officer and Provost will also be responsible for enhancing the University's external brand to distinguish it from those of competitors.
- At least 15 years of experience in an education-related industry or corporate training function with 7 years in leadership roles.
- Senior leadership experience in large University, or a complex business that targets adult learners.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on strategic imperatives for an organization of at least $100 million. Strong business acumen and marketplace credibility.
- Proven ability to assess a portfolio of businesses of varying size and complexity and know which levers to pull to grow most optimally.
- Has successfully lead and delivered results in a highly matrixed environment. Demonstrated experience effectively leading and influencing non-direct reports. A record of leading teams through consensus, persuasion, and transparency.
- Experience successfully managing resources within a large-scale educational enterprise.
- Turnaround experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in the areas of academic program development and evaluation, adult principles and practices, and curriculum development. In-depth understanding of the higher education industry.
- A deep understanding of contemporary teaching-learning methods with specific emphasis on the use of educational technology in serving the needs of a diverse learner population.
- Experience working with federal and state policymakers, regulators, and both regional and programmatic accrediting bodies to address concerns and ensure transparent student outcomes.
- At least five years of experience in an external customer-facing role that had to form strategic partnerships (business to business) and prior experience being an ambassador for the business.
- Ability to effectively represent the organization within the education, business, government and political communities.
- Experience going through an implementation of a major software, technology or learning platform is preferred.