The Dean of Instruction practices energetic, visionary, and inclusive leadership to advance CCCOnline’s vision, mission, and strategic goals to ensure student engagement in online learning. The primary function of this position is to provide leadership and administrative direction for instruction, curriculum, and academic quality consistent at CCCOnline within established Colorado Community College System (CCCS) policies and procedures. The Dean recommends procedures and administers state, federal, and accreditation policies related to instruction and curriculum. The Dean also plans, develops, maintains, and evaluates the effectiveness of all academic and career/technical instructional curricula including programs and courses. The Dean is a member of CCCOnline’s leadership team and works collaboratively with the Director of Academic Excellence, Director of Academic Technology, Director of Business Service, Director of Student Services and Instructional Design Team Leader. The Dean serves as the Chief Academic Officer for CCCOnline and reports to the Executive Director of CCCOnline.
- Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in an academic, educational, or administrative field. Must meet the Master's degree qualifications as outlined by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in instruction at a college level; including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
- Minimum three years of experience in online teaching and/or course development.
- Knowledge and skill in instructional program development; strategic planning and implementation; evaluation techniques and methods; student learning assessment; institutional planning; online and distance learning; and integrated instructional systems.
- Knowledge and skill in faculty/adjunct instructor management, course assignment, and program and curriculum development.