This recruitment will be used for hiring two full-time instructional designers for Oregon State Ecampus. This position provides knowledge and creativity in enhancing the development and design of hybrid and online courses; full-service support for faculty developing courses, as well as open educational resources; consultation to maintain a future-oriented vision for development; and develops and facilitates trainings for faculty related to course design and facilitation.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field; or, a bachelor’s degree in another field with three years of online course development or teaching experience at the college or university level.
- Experience authoring in a learning management system, for example, Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing materials using a universal design approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Experience interacting with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer-service oriented position.
- Demonstrated aptitude to solve problems with flexibility and creativity.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, electronic, and written presentation skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity