The Associate Director for Campus Relations uses a growth mindset (Dweck, 2007) to coordinate a cross-functional team engaged in research-informed strategic planning and collaborative processes that advance the UNLV Office of Online Education (OE) mission, vision, and services throughout the UNLV campus. S/he will be responsible for enhancing the Office of Online Education’s reputation and campus relations through a variety of tactics in order to promote online teaching and learning in support of student retention, progression, and completion. S/he will develop, implement, and oversee efforts to advance the Office's mission in a creative and engaging manner through a range of touchpoints and channels. This may include, but is not limited to: social media, web, video, print material, face-to-face meetings, and presentations. The incumbent is also responsible for leading the development and delivery of comprehensive competency based professional development for faculty and instructors teaching in online environments, including developing communities of practice in each of the University’s colleges and schools. S/he also supports OE by working on issues, programs or projects at the request of the Director.
The position requires a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and 8-10 years of relevant professional experience.
The following additional knowledge, skills and/or abilities are required in the associate director position:
1) Ability to assess and support or shift (as needed) organizational culture.
2) Growth mindset with demonstrated ability to be resilient and agile (Broza, 2015).
3) Ability to effectively communicate verbally (one-on-one and through presentations) and in writing which includes an ability to listen closely to the communication of others.
4) Superlative interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels and across all departments of an organization.
5) Experience developing and delivering professional development to online instructors.
6) Proven ability to think strategically, aligning objectives, and communication plans with the mission of the department and organizational goals.
7) 8-10 years of experience in design, marketing, communications, advertising, and/or brand management.
8) Higher education experience, including marketing, recruitment, and enrollment management. Experience with online, professional and/or executive graduate programs preferred.
9) Effective supervisory and teamwork skills and experience.
10) Demonstrated experience in project management including planning, development, and implementation of strategic goals, as well as leading cross-functional teams.
11) A good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of user-centered design, design thinking and/or service design.
12) Experience developing and implementing new program or initiative roll out plans a plus.
13) Contributing to diversity by actively fostering a climate of equity and inclusion.
14) Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.