The manager of learning resources will lead and develop a team within WGU’s Academic Programs department. The individual will play a pivotal role in WGU’s Learning Content Optimization initiative, ensuring that learning resources are identified, curated, and tracked for maximum learning effectiveness, cost reduction, and learning experience improvement. The manager will effectively collaborate with internal, cross-functional stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization to propel innovation in process and practice. The manager will also stay current on industry trends in online higher education learning content curation, actively engage with stakeholders to co-construct quality metrics for digital learning assets, and support curation of new types of resources and experiences that meet the goals of the colleges and improve student outcomes. The manager will achieve these outcomes by drawing on expertise in learning science, digital asset management, universal design principles and accessibility, and learning experience design, at scale.
- Stays current with relevant learning science, theories and principles as applied to learning experience design, content curation, and student outcomes
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations and requirements for institutions, states and federal entities, best practices in UDL and accessibility, including WCAG, ADA, Sections 504 and 508, etc.
- Partners closely with stakeholders to understand business needs and technical implementation requirements
- Leads management of digital asset inventory (and practice refinement) for stakeholders, including: cost, licensing, mapping, metadata
- Applies quantitative and qualitative research to identify trends in issues, propose recommendations, and develop strategies for improvement and resolution
- Identifies product and process improvements that will result in the best potential outcomes for all stakeholders
- Ensures overall quality, consistency, and functionality of all work by team members to ensure a high level of performance and engagement of all team members
- Holds direct reports accountable to performance metrics
- Provides measurable feedback to direct reports and suggestions for improved performance.
- Master’s degree in relevant disciplines or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years leading and managing people, teams, or projects
- Proven experience analyzing data, systems, and processes to influence change
- Experience in learning content analysis or development, instructional design or development, and technology-based education preferred
- Experience with content licensing and implications of usage rights in content design
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience with competency-based education and online education