Nicolet College seeks a visionary leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to create a competitive advantage as Dean of Business. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and will develop extensive working relationships with the college’s executive leaders, as well as academic, student, and community stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be committed to enhancing the quality, variety, and flexibility of degree offerings and to ensuring that the intellectual and instructional resources of Nicolet College are increasingly accessible in a variety of delivery formats. The Dean will be a creative and entrepreneurial leader with experience in developing and supporting pedagogical innovation. Occasional travel will be required.
This role supports the business-related Associate of Applied Science degrees, technical diplomas, and certificates in a rural community and technical college. Current Business programs include: Accounting, Administrative Professional, Business Management, and Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities of the Dean include:
- Articulating a clear vision for the future direction of business programming and services;
- Building and maintaining the quality of existing programs;
- Developing new programs;
- Planning and coordinating program viability and quality reviews;
- Providing support and leadership for program accreditations;
- Expanding flexible degree offerings;
- Supporting faculty teaching, scholarship and service;
- Providing leadership for advisory committees;
- Driving enrollment;
- Developing and managing budgets for areas of responsibility including operational, capital, and grant budgets; and
- Enhancing a culture of diversity and community with employees, students, and community partners.
- Master’s Degree.
- Evidence of being a visionary builder with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience creating, growing, and expanding an organization or entity.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.