This position is responsible for providing faculty support for online learning technologies for faculty at Alexandria and Eunice campuses. The Academic Technology Specialist supports partners at Alexandria and Eunice, functioning as a member of Digital and Continuing Education at Baton Rouge. Technology support includes the LMS, Kaltura, online proctoring, assisting with test banks, answering faculty questions, and supporting other add-on technologies in the learning environment including digital badging, synchronous web-conferencing tools, etc.
- Advise and assist faculty and staff at Alexandria and Eunice with the e-learning technologies essential for fully online programs, including the LMS, video streaming, content creation tools, synchronous web-conferencing, and others as well as maintaining course templates. (45%)
- Supports staff and administrative intersections with the e-learning environment at our campus partners in Alexandria and Eunice. (25%)
- Support the technical aspects of online courses for the Alexandria and Eunice campuses, or scheduling for professional development courses and opportunities. (10%)
- Coordinate efforts between campus Online departments and with Digital and Continuing Education at the main campus in Baton Rouge to unify academic systems, technical processes and development efforts. Meet regularly with Alexandria and Eunice campus IT staff, as well as main campus staff as necessary, to ensure that the Online department's needs are met. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned (10%)
Bachelor's degree and two years in a University or course design and development environment.
Experience in basic hardware, software troubleshooting and support; familiarity w/ common network concepts; Windows/Mac support; familiarity with enterprise databases esp. MSSQL; Experience with Salesforce & LMS; customer service abilities
Special or Physical Qualifications
Evening and weekend hours sometimes required.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Must be willing to travel and work nights/weekends especially during peak seasons. Due to the nature of this position and/or position responsibilities this position shall be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with University Policy Statement 67.