The Director for Strategic and Educational Technology is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of IT within the office of Digital and Continuing Education in Academic Affairs at LSU including CRM (Salesforce), registration, data integrations and APIs, the LMS (Moodle), the website and associated marketing automation tools. This position, reporting to the Vice Provost for Digital and Continuing Education, manages two main teams - one that focuses on hardware, software, and that runs a full suite of technology tools, from desktop support through web development and Salesforce. This position will be instrumental in growing the IT capabilities of the department and supporting increased automation, improved reporting, and the creation of a resilient architecture and set of systems to support enrollment growth for our online and continuing education programs. The Director of Strategic and Academic Technology leads and directly manages the activities associated with converting on-prem solutions to cloud architecture, and associated workflows, permissions for team members, and integrations as well as the development of web applications where appropriate. This individual maintains both a strategic view and a "boots on the ground" view, taking large projects from concept through to team and task assignment with a project management and business analyst lens.
- Bachelor's degree and seven years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams with direct reports
- Experience developing and implementing roadmaps for the transformation of technology services
- Experience negotiating with and managing third party vendors
- Experience with ERPs
- Experience leading transitions of on-prem technology to cloud computing
- Experience vetting user needs, creating and executing test plans, and working with a variety of stakeholders
- Evidence of hands-on professional certifications by third parties
Eight or more years of related experience.
Special or Physical Qualifications
Evening and weekend hours sometimes required.