Boston University seeks to hire its inaugural State Authorization Compliance Manager to oversee our continued efforts to maintain compliance with all federal and state level regulations related to distance learning and clinical placements. Under the direction of the Assistant Provost for Graduate Enrollment Management and the Senior Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs, the SACM will collaborate with a wide variety of University offices, including but not limited to the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of Distance Education, Financial Assistance, the University Registrar, International Students and Services Office, Digital Learning & Innovation, the Boston University Medical Campus, and all 17 of Boston University’s schools and colleges.
- A minimum of three to five years working in an educational institution in compliance, legal counsel, educational policy, academic administration, or related field.
- Experience with federal, state or local regulatory authorities, knowledge of federal and state laws affecting online programs, and experience developing and sustaining collaborative relationships with university administrative personnel and federal, state and local regulators.
- A bachelors degree is required; masters degree in higher education, law, public policy, or related field is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in addition to an outstanding ability to problem solve and manage multiple competing priorities are needed. The individual must be able to work independently, set priorities, meet and exceed goals, and adjust as needed. The ability to track and manage complex information and convey it using clear, simple language is a must.
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Experience with database management, Wordpress, Excel, and other technological tools.
- The ability to successfully manage a healthy work/life balance, including a sense of humor.
- The ability to lead both small and large group meetings.