This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time Program Representative 2 position for Ecampus at Oregon State University (OSU).
The Student Services Specialist is a Program Representative 2 in Oregon State Ecampus, the university’s top-ranked online education provider. It is essential for the incumbent to represent multiple programs at different academic levels, articulate policy/process across multiple programs units, while also managing a variety of support systems and program review systems. The person filling this position will have full responsibility, under the supervision of the director of student success, for the support of online students and departments. Overall, this position is critical to our unit’s success in delivering services to diverse students and departments.
Ecampus enrollment is growing substantially each year in terms of the individual student headcount and total student credit hours. Ecampus currently offers undergraduate programs and minors, as well as graduate programs offered online. Our student enrollment headcount is comprised of non-degree seeking students, adding another layer of complexity to this position’s constituents.
This position is expected to provide complex and detailed information for multiple academic programs and university policy and procedures, develop and maintain information and program review systems, make recommendations based on reviews, and to coordinate information as needed by the director of student success and the executive director of market development and student experience at OSU Ecampus.
OSU Ecampus is an innovative and creative organization committed to providing nationally-ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high-quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus are committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of Ecampus are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. In support of Ecampus student success, the Student Services Specialist provides advocacy and access to online students navigating the university’s policies and processes.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Four years of technical- or professional-level experience analyzing or advising and/or instructing the public concerning specific programs or processes, monitoring a program, or performing participant reviews. Two years of the experience must have been comparable to a Program Representative 1 which involves monitoring, representing, and reviewing programs.
- Effective written and oral communication skills- including phone, email, and in-person for internal and external audiences.
- Experience with managing multiple projects, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience with effective process management in an academic setting.
- Experience working with students, faculty and departments, both academic and administrative, throughout an institution.
- Demonstrable experience in program review, reporting, and continuous improvement processes.
- Demonstrable experience with performance-based customer service work environments.
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain university regulations, academic curricula, and university procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively across departments and units to achieve goals.
- Experience with relational databases such as Banner and CORE.
- Ability to be adaptable in problem solving while enforcing policies.