As part of an innovative eLearning team, the Learning Media and Technology Specialist utilizes their expertise in multimedia and technology to enhance the Miami educational experience. Whether a course is 1% or 100% online, this individual supports the exploration and development, integration of learning technologies and seeks to creatively integrate them within educational experiences. The Learning Media and Technology Specialist serves as an integral team member of an eLearning department that is engaged in learning design, learning multimedia, learning innovation, and learning technology & support across the university.
- Support the creation and development of effective, engaging, and high-quality video and multimedia learning resources
- Assist in the production and post-production of learning media and other special media projects
- Support the building and integration of the elements in the university’s digital learning environment (Canvas, Kaltura, etc.)
- Coordinate and complete eLearning projects
- Create engaging and effective learning activities and compelling course content in collaboration with subject matter experts
- Offer training and support on instructional technologies, including one-on-one and small group consultations with faculty regarding technology tools, learning theory, best practices, etc.
- Developing training and support materials that are effective resources that can be utilize by others
- Consult with faculty and staff across campus on selecting and implementing learning technology to enhance their educational goals
- Collaborate with colleagues to infuse best practices in learning media and technology into new and existing initiatives
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of technological skill levels, whether early adopters of emerging technologies or late adopters of established tech
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies for potential adoption and use
- Continually developing new and advanced skills in digital media and technology
- Analyze and apply trends in learning technologies and instructional design
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in communication, computer science, information technology, instructional design, education, media, business, or relevant field; demonstrated experience in developing video or other types of learning media; proficiency and thorough knowledge with Learning Management Systems (e.g., Canvas); demonstrated ability to work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with others, in a variety of contexts (e.g., one-on-one, small groups, trainings) to accomplish goals; familiarity with project management and/or familiarity with instructional design models; ability to organize and pay attention to details. Position is not eligible for H-1B.
Three or more years of professional experience developing video or other types of learning media; expertise with Adobe suite (demonstrated experience with Adobe Premiere or After Effects); demonstrated graphic design skills; advanced knowledge and skill with LMS management; project management experience; knowledge of and experience in education (preferably higher education); teaching experience in either online, hybrid, or face-to-face courses; experience working with faculty (or subject matter experts).