Granite State College is accepting applications for a full-time instructional designer (ID). This position will be based in one of our regional campuses located throughout the State. Remote options may be considered. Granite State College is one of the four colleges/universities in the public University System of New Hampshire.
We seek an innovative professional with skills in instructional design, adult learning and emerging educational technologies who will thrive in a dynamic, team oriented environment. The ID is a key member of the instructional design team whose primary responsibility is to assist and support faculty in developing online and hybrid courses and in incorporating educational technologies in teaching and learning across the college as well as supporting our external partners. Occasional evening hours and in-state travel will be required.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s
- 5 years of relevant experience (e.g. instructional technology, online education, adult learning, higher education) with at least 3 years of instructional design experience.
- A working knowledge of instructional design theory and practice particularly in relation to delivering online/hybrid courses.
- Significant teaching or training experience.
- Able to manage multiple projects, meet project deadlines, communicate with stakeholders, and work in a team environment as well as independently on projects.
- Excellent presentation, communications, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with faculty from a variety of academic disciplines and technological skills.
- Relevant experience with Moodle or other learning management systems.
- Computer skills as required by department.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Master’s degree in instructional design or closely related field
- Experience teaching/training adult learners.
- Experience with web-conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom, Adobe Connect, Connect or GoToMeeting), social media, mobile apps, Google Drive tools, open educational resources and other emerging educational technologies.
- Experience with multi-media software, interactive video production (i.e. Articulate Storyline or Captivate.)
- Knowledge of HTML and web design principles.