The Division of OSU Ecampus is seeking a Communications Manager. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking a Communications Manager for the Ecampus Research Unit. The Communications Manager is a professional faculty member in the Oregon State University Division of Ecampus, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The mission of Ecampus, as a leader in online education, is to engage in innovative and creative partnerships to provide access to exceptional learning experiences that transform the lives of students in Oregon and around the world.
The Communications Manager provides project management and communication support for the Ecampus Research Unit (ECRU) team, setting up projects, ensuring deadlines are met and materials are distributed. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing and maintaining the unit’s project database, working with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project, and producing regular status reports.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to these goals by supporting research projects that are dedicating to furthering our understanding of diverse online student and instructor experiences.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Two years of professional marketing/communications experience, such as managing creative projects.
- Experience with managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many cross-functional partners.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience working with academic research.
- Experience working with a marketing or public relations department.
- Experience using survey design tools (e.g., Qualtrics) and drafting survey questionnaires.
- Well-versed in The Associated Press style copywriting.
- Experience with the Wordpress content management system.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Demonstrated skills in design and visual communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience creating data visualization.