The Division of OSU Ecampus is seeking an Open Educational Resources Production Manager. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The Open Educational Resources Unit, a unit of Ecampus, assists all teaching faculty at OSU with the creation of open educational resources.
The primary function of the Open Educational Resources Production Manager (OER) is to work closely with the Director of Open Educational Resources and Oregon State faculty authors to produce high quality openly licensed and freely available resources. Currently, OER focuses primarily on textbook creation but is open to other resource development opportunities in the future. The OER Production Manager will be responsible for the project management of authored or adapted OER; production quality assurance; and the management and supervision of 5-7 part-time student employees. The OER Production Manager will manage the textbook creation process, working closely with faculty authors through the intake process to the final production and publication of their text. The OER Production Manager supervises student employees who create open textbooks in PressBooks, assist faculty in finding open content for their texts, and create custom illustrations for the texts. These open textbooks are long-term projects (1-2 years) that require attention to detail and good organizational skills.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by designing open educational resources that are inclusive, accessible, and freely available to the community.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- A BA in instructional technology, education, information science or related field.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects (various stages and stakeholders) with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in creating or participating in a collaborative environment, such as to make decisions, solve problems, and complete projects.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Supervisory or lead work experience totaling at least 1 year.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, or LaTeX.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards.
- Basic understanding of Creative Commons, Copyright, and Fair Use.
- WordPress or PressBooks experience is highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of the publication process.
- Ongoing commitment to professional development.