The Web Developer is responsible for creating & updating websites for Digital Continuing Education. The Developer works with the Marketing Department and the UX Specialist to create a coherent strategy to design & develop webpages & web aps relating to fully online programs, micro-credentials, training, and community programming and contributes to the creation of a cohesive online presence. This position supports the redesign of online registration applications and to the configuration of Salesforce. This position contributes to the SEO strategy, and also tracks metrics associated with the website.
- Creates and updates websites and web aps related to online and community programming. Collaborates with Marketing, IT, and other internal stakeholders to craft a compelling web presence using object oriented programming, HTML, PHP, SQL, CSS, C#, Java, JSON, REACT Framework, Ajax, REST, Angular.js, Ajax, Amazon Web Services and other emerging web development and cloud technologies. (30%)
- Collaborates strongly with Marketing and Recruitment within DCE in order to implement SEO, and tracks data related to the web presence, making changes as necessary to meet the strategic goals of the web presence. Works with the User Experience Specialist in order to gain user feedback on the website in order too refine and redesign to support strategic outcomes for the web presence. (30%)
- Works with the IT team in order to support the effective use of Salesforce-based web forms; collaborates in support of best-practices for CRM as related to the web presence. (20%)
- Runs accessibility checks and ensure that sites are WCAG 2.0 AA compliant. (10%)
- Supports internal training in support of distributed access to the program websites as programs expand to support scale. Advises on strategy behind distributed access. other duties as assigned. (10%)
Bachelor's degree in a technically related field and 3 or more years of experience
Bachelor’s degree in technology and design related field with 5 or more years of experience
Experience working with User Interface design or User Experience design.
Special or Physical Qualifications
Analytical skills and attention to accuracy. Ability to work independently and collaborate professionally with diverse teams. Ability to self-prioritize tasks in a fast changing environment. Ability to interpret and apply university policies, State and Federal Regulations. Experience in Excel and other Word Office products.