This recruitment will be used to fill two full-time Analyst Programmer, competency level 2, position for Ecampus at Oregon State University (OSU).
These are limited duration classified positions anticipated to last 18 months.
Oregon State University Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. OSU Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The front-end web developer (analyst programmer, competency level 2) is a classified position within OSU Ecampus. The front-end web developer provides programming and multimedia support for OSU Ecampus programmatic and course needs. The multimedia team is part of the Course Development and Training (CDT) unit within the division of Ecampus. The CDT unit provides expertise and support for the development of online and hybrid courses, including instructional design services, innovative multimedia development, and faculty development programming and support. This position reports directly to the assistant director of CDT.
Within the CDT team, the front-end web developer will collaborate closely with other programmers on the multimedia web development team, instructional designers and faculty course developers to ensure high quality projects are produced. This position works closely and collaborates with faculty and administrators to assess how multimedia technologies can augment students’ abilities to meet course learning outcomes.
Oregon State University and the division of Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by designing learning environments that are inclusive, accessible, and follow the best practices of Universal Design for Learning.
- This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
- Demonstrated skill in React and Redux.
- Experience with source control / version control systems (such as Git)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing in a collaborative team environment
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience with Serverless/AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with dependency and task management (npm, yarn)
- Experience with mobile accessibility and responsive design
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST)
- Experience with universal design for learning.
- Experience with Agile (scrum, kanban)
- Experience working with a diverse group of people/teams.