Making education accessible. Everyone at Colorado State University Online works to fulfill the land grant mission of the university. We work as a team to serve students, and one of the ways we do that is by providing rich learning experiences that connect faculty and students through online educational programs. To improve our efforts, CSU Online seeks a Senior Instructional Designer who will coordinate, inspire, and lead our instructional designers. The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for coordinating course and learning object development and supervising members of the course development team. The Senior Instructional Designer reports to the Director of Programs at CSU Online and will join a team that works collaboratively to support the teaching and learning mission of the University.
• Master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, educational technology, instructional systems, education, or a closely related field by the time of hire.
• Experience supervising a course production or instructional design team; or commensurate supervisory and management experience of direct reports
• At least five (5) years of work experience in the field of instructional design or course development at the time of hire
• Experience developing instructional materials for learning management systems (e.g., Canvas) for the delivery of online instruction
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong understanding of instructional design principles, adult learning theory and instructional technology
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CSU Online will not sponsor a visa for this position