Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking a Market Research Manager. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE),12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director of Marketing.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The market research manager is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division of Ecampus.
The market research manager plays a pivotal role in optimizing Oregon State Ecampus’ portfolio of current and future academic programs by ensuring that it remains fully aligned with student and market demands. The research manager will analyze and report on a wide variety of internal and external data, and coordinate custom market research projects on behalf of the division. The market research manager works both independently and within a team, collaborating closely with all units across the division to provide and communicate the information and resources necessary to conduct strategic, informed decision-making. This position reports to the director of marketing and enrollment services while working closely with the executive director of market development and student experience.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position works closely with members of the Ecampus marketing and enrollment services and student success teams to better understand, through market research efforts, the diverse student population that we serve.
• Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing, communications, journalism, STEM or related field
• Minimum two years of managing market research projects, including conducting primary research at the time of hire
• Experience using survey design tools (e.g., Qualtrics) and drafting survey questionnaires
• Experience collecting and analyzing data (qualitative and quantitative), and making recommendations for improvements, changes and new initiatives
• Experience managing projects and performing complex tasks
• Effective written and interpersonal communication skills, with or without accommodation
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• Master’s degree
• Experience using project management software (i.e., Basecamp, Airtable)
• Experience working in higher education or complex organizations
• Experience with higher education databases and coding, e.g, NCES or IPEDS
• Prior work in a market research firm or as a research analyst
• Experience managing vendors