The Multimedia Production Manager works to develop a campus culture that embraces digital teaching and learning by supporting the Office of Online Education (OOE) staff as they engage faculty in online and hybrid course development and revision. The Multimedia Production Manager uses a growth mindset (Dweck, 2007) to help the multimedia team function as members of a supportive OOE team. The Multimedia Production Manager manages a team of instructional artists, multimedia designers, computer programmers, videographers, editors, and students as they work to create and integrate learning objects in online courses. The incumbent aligns graphics and video production, as well as provides project management, managerial expertise, and delegation to team members in an ever-changing project landscape. The incumbent has strong pedagogical knowledge, art expertise, online education experience, and collaborative supervisory skills that promote best practices in technology enhanced learning. The Manager supports the multimedia team and faculty through the course design and development stages; evaluates OE courses for consistency with multimedia learning principles; identifies and organizes resources for skill and knowledge development for the OE multimedia team; and brings research-based perspectives to the art and science of technology enhanced learning. The Multimedia Production Manager collaborates with the instructional design staff and supports OOE by working on issues, programs or projects at the request of the Director.
- a Master’s degree in Instructional Media Design, Digital Arts, Educational Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university,
- three years of experience conceptualizing and transforming textual materials to visual elements,
- two years comparable managerial experience,
- demonstrated experience managing budgets and multiple creative professionals in a wide variety of projects, and
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Credentials must be obtained prior to the start of employment.
The following additional knowledge, skills and/or abilities are preferred in the position:
Team Management / Project Management
- Handles the hiring, training, and managing of a team of multimedia designers, computer programmers, videographers, editors, and students.
- Mentors team members and provides opportunities for professional growth and training when possible.
- Develops a scope of work for all OOE media projects, determining project timeline and milestones in collaboration with OOE team members and other project stakeholders.
- Assists with online course and program development budgeting by tracking and estimating staff effort and assessing equipment needs required for projects.
- Identifies project workflow and delegates tasks to team members, tracking task and milestone completion through all production stages.
- Makes sure all project deadlines are being met and manages the video archives.
Strategy / Research
- Works with senior leadership to develop better process and workflow for online courses, programs and specialty projects.
- Develops best practices to optimize efficiency in media production, creating OOE style guides, setting OOE video and media brand standards, and ensuring they are implemented across all projects.
- Creates resources for project stakeholders to showcase multimedia products and communicate production process.
- Researches and experiments with new ways to deliver media content, and researches and tests new media streaming solutions.
- Designs and develops plans for studio space.
- Meets with the Instructional Design Manager, Program Directors, faculty, and Subject Matter Experts to design and develop the vision for multimedia use in courses or degree programs.
- Assists staff in working with faculty to translate their courses into an online format and decide which multimedia formats best fit their project.
- Assists staff in curating and integrating multimedia open educational resources and publisher content to help faculty provide engaging learning objects in online courses.
- Works with staff and faculty to develop a look and feel for media content that keeps pace with trends in higher education and elevates the UNLV brand.
- Ensures that production values are appropriate for course resources, timeline, and learning goals.
- Leads team of videographers to ensure lighting, audio, and set design are effectively implemented.
- Oversees successful and efficient video shoots, acting as the senior producer for all OOE specialty projects with an eye toward storytelling and marketing.
- Oversees post-production work by team of video editors.
- Coordinates with faculty on refining and finalizing content.
- Ensures that videos, animations, info-graphics, and branding elements are polished and professional, appealing to a wide audience and promoting student success.
- Approves and manages delivery of final multimedia products.
- Evaluates effectiveness of multimedia learning objects and specialty projects.