Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The Administrative Program Assistant (proctoring assistant) is a member of the Ecampus Student Success team and reports to the Director of Student Success.
This position’s primary responsibilities are as follows: managing off-campus proctoring coordination by providing proctoring support, customer service and communication with students, instructors, and proctors, and processing exams and exam materials. The proctoring assistant has extensive contact with students, staff, faculty, and external proctors. For this reason, the proctoring assistant is required to learn and maintain knowledge about all testing and proctoring related information impacting Ecampus courses and students.
Duties include providing general support to Ecampus testing, including responding to phone and email inquiries from students and instructors, communicating with proctors to ensure timely receipt of exam information, utilizing a proctoring database to troubleshoot student and instructor concerns, coordinating the processing and delivery of paper exams, and maintaining training materials and a proctoring desk manual to reference processes and policies. The proctoring assistant is responsible for tracking proctor arrangements, ensuring compliance with testing policies, and explaining rules, regulations, and policies to students, instructors, and proctors. The proctoring assistant does this primarily over the phone and through email. The proctoring assistant also attends relevant professional development trainings and serves the OSU community.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The proctoring assistant will work to ensure that proctoring support to all students in online courses is inclusive and equitable.
- Three years of office experience which included two years at full performance level and experience generating documents; and Lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
- Excellent communication skills while providing customer service via email, phones and in person.
- Experience communicating processes, procedures, and/or policies
- Competent in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel or equivalent software.
- Demonstrates willingness to problem solve and independently troubleshoot when faced with challenges
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Experience providing proctoring support
- Experience working with a database or Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Experience creating resources or references for policies, processes, or practices
- Experience working in a university or college setting