The Engineering Management program invites applications for part-time instructors to teach online graduate classes. Positions are appointed on a term-by-term basis for the 2020-2021 academic year. These appointments are fixed-term and non-tenure track with the possibility of renewal at the discretion of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs in the College of Engineering.
Applicants may be needed for the following subjects: Basic management, leadership & organizational management, planning, financial analysis, financial resource management, project management operations and supply chain operations, marketing and sales management in engineering organizations, management of technology, systems engineering, legal issues, ethics, statistics for engineering managers, and new product development. Applicants with proficiency in one or more subjects are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will use an online learning management system hosted through Oregon State University. A dependable and secure internet connection will be needed.
Instructors may also be offered opportunities to aid in course development and/or re-development.
Working Conditions/Work Schedule:
Remote / Work Schedule is flexible, but will require the instructor to access the learning management system at least once per day each working day of the week. Student emails must be answered within 24 business hours.
•Master’s in subject/field of instruction
(Industrial Engineering, Systems and Engineering Management or related field)
• Teaching or training experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to cultural diversity and educational equity.
• Commitment to providing quality instruction to a diverse population of students
- Ph.D. degree in subject/field of instruction (Industrial Engineering, Systems and Engineering Management or related field)
-Teaching experience at the college or university level.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion