The Course Support Specialist should work both with the Lead Instructional Technologist (IT)/Course Support (CS) team members, faculty, and other team members in order to support the faculty in their execution of live lectures. The goal is to provide a seamless experience between the asynchronous and synchronous elements of the courses. The ideal candidate will have a flexible, on-demand schedule to work on synchronous projects.
- Competency in the Canvas LMS, Slack, and Zoom.
- Superior organization and communication skills.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of instructional design and learning theory.
- Experience in online course development, in higher education, preferred.
- Demonstrated HTML coding skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a history of positive results achieved collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across complex organizational structures.
- Experience with ADA compliance.
- Experience with existing quality standards for course design (e.g., Quality Matters, Sloan-C).