Ecampus is seeking an Analyst Programmer 3 (senior web developer) to join our team. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, classified position.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The senior web developer provides programming support to identify the scope of projects and plan resources required to produce web and custom projects assigned to the Ecampus multimedia team. The multimedia team is part of the Course Development and Training (CDT) unit within the division of Ecampus. The division is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Open Oregon State (open access online resources), and Ecampus Research unit (conducts original research).
The CDT unit provides expertise and support for the development of online and hybrid courses, including instructional design services, innovative multimedia development, and faculty development programming and support. This position reports directly to the assistant director of CDT.
Within the CDT team, the senior web developer will collaborate closely with instructional designers and faculty course developers to ensure that proposed projects are well-defined, the scope is clear, and all faculty-generated materials are available prior to scheduling and assigning the project to a web developer. This position works closely with faculty and administrators to assess how multimedia technologies can augment students’ abilities to meet course learning outcomes.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The senior web developer will work to ensure the multimedia infrastructure is secure and operational.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
- Demonstrated skill with modern frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with source control / version control systems (such as Git or SVN)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing in a collaborative team environment in a professional setting
- Experience as a project manager or project lead
- Proven track record of on-time project completion
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience with Serverless/AWS (Amazon Web Services) and integrating with APIs (REST)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with web/graphic design workflow
- Experience with mobile development or responsive web design principles
- Experience with universal design
- Familiarity with project management methodologies such as experience with Agile (scrum, kanban)
- Experience working with a diverse group of people/teams.