Every Learner Everywhere is a network of 12 partner organizations that advocates for equitable outcomes in U.S. higher education through advances in digital learning. The Communications Manager is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and tactics for outward-facing communications efforts designed to amplify the Every Learner Everywhere network's expertise, assets, and services. The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing content and leading creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message focused on equity and digital learning in higher education. The Manager can be based remotely and will report to the Associate Director. Position will be contract-to-hire. Candidate will be eligible for promotion to full-time employee after 3 months on contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communications
- Develops, plans, implements and monitors the network's marketing and communication strategy.
- Effectively collaborates and works in tandem with internal and external stakeholders such as WICHE, WCET, backbone team, network partners, consultants, etc.
- Serves as brand guardian, ensuring promotional brand compliance.
- Manages the ongoing execution of email marketing activities which includes scheduling, copywriting, list development, communicating graphics and template needs, and coordination with stakeholders.
- Monitors, synthesizes, and distributes analysis of key metrics for assigned products and segments (social media, website, etc.).
- Manages website updates, copy changes, and basic web page creation, including SEO/SEM best practices; uploads assets or resources to the website, and to Solve (the Network's library of digital resources).
- Leads and coordinates all blog development, idea generation, project management, collaboration with the authors and interviewees, monitoring and publishing on the website (Every Learner is under contract with McGuire Editorial for weekly blog creation).
- Manages Network social media accounts administration and postings.
- Maintains an Editorial Calendar for the network to include blogs, newsletters, assets (regular and pillar resources), campaigns, publications.
- Tracks articles or mentions of Every Learner in partnership with the Administrative Assistant and disseminates the most prominent mentions through the website.
- Collaborates with the backbone team on a Communications network Working Group.
- Maintains focus on partners and service delivery; anticipates needs and is responsive to requests for assistance and feedback.
- Experience in managing the multi-faceted communications needs of an organization
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed.
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum three years of advertising or marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
- Experience using Constant Contact, HootSuite, or Smartsheet a plus