The Associate Vice Provost for Innovation and Online Learning is responsible for developing and leading online education at the University of Montana, ensuring the delivery of high quality and innovative online education for traditional and non-traditional courses and programs, and broadening the audiences of learners for innovative UM educational offerings. This role will be responsible for growing UM’s portfolio of high-quality online courses, certificate offerings, other credential programs, and degree programs.
This position will provide strategic leadership and direct operations of online delivery at UM, including budget and personnel management, ensuring the effective allocation of resources and achievement of goals designed for growing UM’s online offerings. The position will be highly visible on campus and requires a highly developed set of interpersonal communication skills to encourage collaboration and innovation in the development and administration of online education.
This position will collaborate with various stakeholders across the institution and the Montana University System to evaluate online and blended learning opportunities and drive all processes to expand and enhance educational opportunities. This position will also lead wide-ranging planning efforts to develop short, mid, and long-term goals for developing a variety of online programs aimed at diverse audiences of learners.
• Baccalaureate degree in a related field, with Master’s degree preferred
• Experience developing, implementing and assessing effectiveness of online programs and initiatives
• Experience developing online courses and programs that are ADA and 508 compliant
• Experience in strategic planning and implementation for online portfolio growth
• Experience in online higher education administration, organization, and budgets
• Experience working with online program management providers
• Strong administrative, personnel and budget management, organization and project management skills
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, standards and their applications to online education
• Knowledge of issues and challenges of online learning for students and faculty