Under the supervision of the Dean of Online Learning Services, this position provides instructional design and instructional technology services and support to CEI faculty and staff with the development of courses by utilizing the college's Learning Management System (LMS) Canvas.
This position will work closely with instructors teaching in all delivery formats (face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online) to implement effective digital learning strategies, online best practices and quality control, and a broad range of educational technology tools. This includes providing high-level customer support for instructional design planning and implementation of the college's LMS to enhance instruction.
The instructional designer will assist faculty in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the online and hybrid courses currently offered. This position will also assist in the creation of processes for quality assurance and for continuous improvement of course delivery for the college. All duties will be performed in accordance with the CEI policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Learning Technologies, Learning Sciences, Distance Education, or a related field
- At least two years professional experience designing instructional materials and online instruction, preferably in, but not limited to, a higher education environment
- Demonstrated experience assisting faculty (or customers) of all levels of experience in education (business) with instructional design or instructional technology
- Proven experience using instructional technologies such as course management systems, rich media, online testing, lecture capture, video conferencing, and web tools
- Experience assisting educators with digital accessibility or universal design principles
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and application of instructional design theory, instructional design principles, learning theory, and instructional technology
- Ability to coordinate LMS troubleshooting and problem-solving in a highly technical and fast-paced environment that is focused on providing service to the CEI community
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral presentation communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive customer service record, and the ability to train and consult effectively with faculty in higher education with a broad range of skills and experience with instructional technologies