Work with the URI Online Team to move identified programs online. Refine, facilitate and oversee the course design process, primarily for URI Online as well as other online and blended programs. Provide instructional design and instructional technology oversight, services and support to faculty, URI Online programs, and administrators. Ensure the implementation of best instructional design pedagogical, and assessment practices in online courses.
1.Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university. (PhD Preferred)
2. Minimum of three years of combined experience in higher education instructional design and online teaching/training.
3. Minimum of two years demonstrated project management experience.
4. Demonstrated experience working with faculty on course design and development for distance learning courses and programs.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and application of instructional design theory and principles.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and application of learning theory, instructional technology, and accessibility principles.
7. Demonstrated experience creating online courses and programs.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in academic fully online and blended course delivery technology areas.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of emerging multimedia and other technologies.
10. Demonstrated experience with the online learning platform (such as Brightspace).
11. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
12. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
13. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.