WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) accelerates the adoption of effective practices and policies, advancing excellence in technology-enhanced teaching and learning in higher education.
In the Spotlight
#WCET15 Program is Artfully Crafted
- Preconference session on Strategic Innovation: Working Through the Strategy & the Skeptics
- A workshop on applying the work of the National Distance Education and Technological Advancement (DETA) Research Center.
- A new "Edtech Meet-up".
- Plenary sessions on the Internet of Things.
We look forward to seeing YOU in the Mile High City for warm days, cool evenings and hot learning!
Photo Credit: Trevor Munson
Fall Into Learning with WCET Webcasts
The learning continues this fall with webcasts to help you address edtech needs on campus. Gather your colleagues and perhaps a cup of warm apple cider to investigate the following topics:
- Teaching Competencies for 21st Century Learners. Join this Oct. 6 WCET Hangout, and follow along on twitter with #21CFaculty, to answer the questions, “is there a digital divide between Millennial students and today’s traditional teaching faculty? And what do we do about it?”
- Out with the Old In With the New The old educational technology categories of LMS, SIS, and portal are being challenged by Learning Relationship Managers. Join this Oct. 22 webcast to learn more from the representatives of two LRM providers and two pioneering institutions.
Photo Credit: Doug Jones
WCET Frontiers Blog
WCET Steering Committee member Preston Davis guest blogs today about the skill requirements for modern faculty. After reading his post, join him on October 6 as he leads a Google Hangout addressing the question: “is there a digital divide between Millennial students and today’s traditional teaching faculty? And what do we do about it?” Thank you Preston for raising these questions ...